#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...nds/7686903.stm
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

doesn't say if its logs or dressed wood, timber could mean either, so we'll need to wait to see if theres going to be a flurry oh new sheds going up on skye, its amazing how far a boat can drift, i remember the big russian trawler that was abandoned away SW of the mull of O'a, it ended up coming ashore about two mile south of the north end of gigha, it was still there when i last passed that way a lot of year ago now tho, is there anything left? i know the locals allegedly liberated anything useable.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

be interesting to see if it does 'shed' (sorry!) its load, or part of it, how the 'authorities' would try stop local people from 'tidying up the beaches' like they did on the south coast last year, given the remoteness

'Timber Galore'

for gawds sake it was a load of timber, that had become unsaleable, they really don't like us to get owt for nowt in this country anymore, they'd rather pay a contractor several thousand to remove it than let us poor plebs do it for them for nothing

easy to hide it though it does come ashore, build a shed out if it then hide the rest inside it, they'd never think of looking there.

Reply to this topic