4 replies to this topic

#1 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

just wondering if any of our members have got or are getting fitted with the mob guardian, we done some of the tests with the rnli and got fitted about two year ago with the system
we wear the psd's  when shooting or hauling and working on top of shelter deck,  all the crew admit that they dont feel themselves wearing the psd and feel safer knowing that the system works very well and response time is very quick if anything untoward should happen
but looking for others view on the equipment after the system saving 5 lives in two separate incidents since launched at the start of the year

#2 Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationGuernsey (Channel Islands)

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hello Jammey, we are getting the boat im on fitted with them very soon, i was chatting to the lifeboat bloke about them when he was over here in Guernsey fitting them on a 28ft Bucaneer "Le Mirage" . They are definatley a good thing to have. They saved the boys off the Guyona down here when it capsized the other week. Also alot of boats here work single handed and it is really a must for them!

#3 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

i agree there dan single handed would not go with out if i had the option
our boys dont even notice them after you wear it once or twice and it is hard to set it off with a splash of water
if we come to the per and the man jumps ashore to tie the ropes it will go off with him on the pier that is how close proximity it works on

#4 halcyon

halcyon

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

I'm having the system put aboard the boat I am just finishing building at the moment. Sent of all the forms and a cheque; just waiting for them to come and install the hardware now.
A good thing to have aboard, especially if and when i'm working singlehanded.....

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

I have the MOB Guardian fitted aboard my boat. Good bit of kit IMO - I work single handed so adds to piece of mind.
Ive had a couple of malfuntions - and I regularly forget i'm wearing the PSD, so when I come in and walk up the quay to get boxes from the pound - I usually end up running back to the boat when it starts vibrating - before the siren starts whaling ???
Extra funding for airtime from the RNLI now too, so works out very cost effective IMVHO.

Reply to this topic