Favourite Pubs

25 replies to this topic

#1 ADMIN

ADMIN

Deckie

• Administrators
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hopefully in this thread, members can share there favourite pubs (or not so favourite) from around the country or even the world, that they have come across on there seafaring travels.

#2 bfsanders

bfsanders

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:06 PM

any tittie bar will do me never been in a shite one yet,lol,,,hows about the admin organise a tittie bar crawl for the members 
1.bfsanders
:coconut:

#3 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

Thule <Flints and the Lounge in LK,Bala in FR,Union in PD Gunsmiths in INS
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#4 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

any tittie bar will do me never been in a i dump,you dump,vous dumpe' one yet,lol,,,hows about the admin organise a tittie bar crawl for the members 
1.bfsanders
:coconut:
And pay fur it as weel ;D
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#5 Kevin Munro

Kevin Munro

Skipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationElgin

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

What ones the Lounge again Wull, is it up a wee close then up the stairs?

#6 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Nah thats Flints, the lounge is downstair ,only ever find it when am half cut,leave there fully cut :whistle:

#7 bfsanders

bfsanders

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

sorry beedie my computers on the blink think u said youll pay for it

#8 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

Nah the admin can pay fur it

#9 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

The Seaforth in UL,Old inn Gairloch an Carbost,no sure if still open the Central in Mallaig

#10 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

The Loch Boisdale Hotel ,spit and sawdust ,but good craic,The Upper Deck Scrabster,The Ship in FR,Cuchulains in Kyle ,the Puff Inn  in St Kilda not sure if still open and DONT tell me abody else is TT ;)

#11 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

always partial to one in the mishnish in tob, not been in the loch boisdale hotel for a few years, but it always struck me as my kind of boozer

#12 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

The Dolphin, The Navy, The Maritime on the Barbican Plymouth, The Devonport Inn just on the beach at Cawsand, The Sloop St Ives ;)

#13 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

A good wee pub just above the harbour in Polperro as well Daz up a few steps not so much tourists go to it unlike the ones in the village ;)

#14 stratton

stratton

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

feathers inn CN, old smack in leigh on sea,

sign me up for the tittie br crawl  ;) ;D ;D

#15 KEVIND

KEVIND

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

purple door in hull ask yts bob and mcminn they spent more money in there than wot fkn bobs boat new super trawler cost

#16 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

een fur amblefla the Skoona  :whistle:

#17 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

favourite pubs-jesus where would i start?
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#18 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

As ma old fella would say stert at the beginnin and wurk yer wi through

#19 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

that still doesn`t make it any easier ;)
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#20 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hi All

Well with this news from the Independent on Line perhaps we should start an album for 'decommissioned favourite pubs"  ;)

Pub closures have soared to a record high – 36 a week – as drinkers choose to buy cut-price alcohol for consumption at home.

The British Beer and Pub Association said 936 pubs ceased trading in the first six months of 2008. Pubs are shutting nine times faster than in 2006 and 18 times faster than in 2005.

Publicans complain they have been hit by the smoking ban, rising rent and fuel bills, and aggressive discounting by supermarkets.

The BBPA fears closures will gather pace, with the imposition of above-inflation rises in beer duty. Almost 2,000 pubs are expected to close by the end of the year. "There will be many thousands of closures – probably 6,000 in the next three or four years," warned Mark Brumby, a City analyst with Blue Oar Securities.

The BBPA is asking publicans to ring their bells at 1pm on 14 September to protest at the planned tax rise. Pubs are being urged to concentrate on the "five fs" – food, families, females, forty-somethings and fifty-somethings.

#21 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

If the Scottish government get their way we will hae booze cruises sooth o the border fan yous are still gan across the channel ;)

#22 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

A good wee pub just above the harbour in Polperro as well Daz up a few steps not so much tourists go to it unlike the ones in the village ;D

The Noughts and Crosses Will, and yes very nice ;D

The boss and I walk the coast path Looe to Polperro every spring, always have a couple in there before the 5 mile stagger back to Looe ;)

#23 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

wi me usually the ithe way roon Daz ,polperro ti looe and back
;) jist at hill is a killer on the way up

#24 Guest_John Baird_*

Guest_John Baird_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Willie....In my time at sea , my favourite pub was always " The wan i was,nt banned out of!!" Seriously , though , The Ship Inn in Ayr , and the Clarendon Hotel , Oban  took some beating . The Ship was always good for the ould " Jekyll and Hyde!!!" ;) O0

#25 isleseafoods

isleseafoods

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

Steampacket Isle of Whithorn, Pevril Peel, all o them Kirkcudbright.

#26 fincutter

fincutter

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMillport

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Aye JB it must be an age thing.  The Ship, Castle , Steamboat, and Marine in Ayr. Clarendon in Oban, Tarbert Hotel and Islay Frigate in TT, The Cruben in Trumpton, Clachan, Ailsa and Para Handy in CN, Fast Eddie's in Greeock, Royal George in Millport, Gluepot and Grapes in Rothesay, Anchor and Charlie Lyle's in Largs, The British in Douglas, Peverill in Peel, Albert and Cleats in Gourock, Harbour Bar and Swee in Girvan, Bruce in the Maidens...........................    Jeez, lookin' at that lot shows me whaur ma pennies went!  O0
By what Ah can gather, that's nearly a thing o' the past noo.....................................  How did we ever get ony work din at a'?  ;)
Ps, forgot a' aboot the Douglas in Brodick and the P.H.T in Lamlash.............  OMG
Live for today .... Tomorrow might no' come.

Life is for livin' lovin' and laughin'.

Reply to this topic