#1 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationWest coast Scotland, Argyll

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hi there everyone, what a brilliant site!
I'm looking for information regarding the location of the MV Amaranth.  She is a Weatherheads ring netter which has had a wheelhouse conversion.  I sold her here in Oban and she was only partly paid for and I would really like to find her to speak to the new owner about the balance owed.  
He is not answering phones or responding to emails or texts.  I don't have his address, I think I left it on the wheelhouse chart table and he left before I could get it back.....bloody stupid on my part I know.
She left Oban last month and headed South, the last I heard about her, was that, she was towed into Liverpool suffering from steering problems.  I know also that she was going to be taken up a river and moored next to a small boatyard for the continuation of her refurbishment somewhere near Liverpool.
I've attached a picture of her and I'd be grateful for any information as to her whereabouts.  I trusted the new owners and I'm feeling very let down that they have chosen to ignore me.  I spent a huge amount of time completely renovating the hull and I feel like a mug for this.  I also have a large amount of documentation that should go with the boat and that needs to be given to him as well.
Any help would be gratefully received, thank you for taking the time to read this post,Attached File  image.jpg   114.77K   1 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   129.46K   1 downloads

Attached Files

#2 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

up a river near liverpool?  Preston perhaps?  ring the docks/marina maybe see if she is there.

#3 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I will do that, thank you. I also though that the coastguard might be an option since she was towed in there but I know they have (quite rightly so!) privacy issues etc. maybe under the freedom of information I might get it. She may well still be in Liverpool harbour and I'm coming down at the end of the month for a few days hopefully I should have some leads by then.
Thank you again I appreciate your input.

#4 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

you might find the coastguard more helpful than you might think - laws on maritime liens and all that

can't think of any other river/marina type places around there, lancaster and preston aside

might be worth a google about and a ring around. 50 foot of ringer is gonna take some hiding!

#5 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for that, you would think you would be able to access the 'Mails' article on her breaking down and being towed into Liverpool on line. But I can't seem to find it. It had half a page in the news paper...of course it could just be me!
I will find her eventually!
Thank you once again for your efforts.

#6 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

which 'mail'?
any idea of the date?

#7 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hi there, sorry I wasn't clear in my original post.  It was the Daily Mail dated Wednesday 23rd October. I think a few tabloids ran the story, but I can't seem to find it on line. Thanks in advance

#8 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

http://www.dft.gov.u...9F4&m=10&y=2013

Hopefully that's the link to the MCA press release on the 22nd/23rd October 2013

#9 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostKeatek, on 22 December 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

The helicopter from RAF Valley finally located the vessel just before 6pm this evening off Harrington, Cumbria. The boat was then towed into Workington harbour and met by the Maryport Coastguard Rescue Team

might still be there, or may be a small jaunt to whitehaven to facilitate repairs as there's not a lot in workington harbour.  A quick call to the port of workington office, or Whitehaven marina might shed some light on where she went next if anywhere.  Pretty sure there's a webcam for whitehaven marina as well.  

Reading that MCGA report, you'd hope they had an attack of common sense and stayed put.  no GPS, no VHF, no Radar, No Flares...

#10 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Your absolutely right. The guys arrived and didn't spend much time going over her at all.
I don't understand what went wrong with the steering as she had an emergency tiller, maybe the rudder seized or something. It was a proper kelvin fitted (I think!) it was very hard to damage. But things happen.
I told the guys that collected her that she had basic electrics, plotter, sounder etc. there was a VHF that did work but it wasn't fitted. It would have taken five minutes to set it up though as the aerial cable and power source were straight forward to tap into.
I advised that they didn't shift the boat until the engine was serviced, or at least a full oil and filter change as it had been a couple of years since the last one. I also told them that the flares were not in date either.
I'm pissed that they didn't have the courtesy to pay the last of the money, it wasn't much in the great scheme of things but I earned it with the amount of time and work I spent renovating the hull and wheel house and the agreed sale price was the agreed price. My stupidity in letting him take her away I suppose. A lesson in there somewhere.
Ill phone the recommended harbours you have suggested and see if I can find her location then visit.
I suspect he will be over the moon if I find him!
Thanks for your efforts!

#11 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

maybe send a message to norman - that's the member name on here, he is in that neck of the woods I believe and might be able to have a peep about or know some more

#12 Geraghtys Bar

Geraghtys Bar

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

contact me i know the whereabouts and where she is bound for! no interest to me,just to help out! fellow fisherman.

#13 Geraghtys Bar

Geraghtys Bar

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

msg me on facebook!

#14 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

Thank you, I don't have my own FB account so I'll get one of my kids to message you my email if that's ok.

#15 westbob

westbob

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

If you find here you should take her back until fully paid.

Bob

#16 Keatek

Keatek

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for replying, I have a few options legally that are open to me. Thankfully, I still have all her paperwork and that counts for 99% of the problem. The 1% problem is finding her!
I've learned a hard lesson, whilst it's not a huge amount of money it the damn principle! I worked hard on her renovation and blood, sweat and tears went into her and the guy who took her knew that. For that to be dismissed has left me pissed off and feeling used. I trusted him when I didn't have too and I got shafted for my trouble..
Ok, I moaned enough! Thank you again for taking an interest!
Aye

Reply to this topic