#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

From the BBC news site

Two fishermen have been airlifted to hospital after their trawler sank nearly ten miles off the County Down coast, the RNLI has said.

The crew of the Ardglass-registered boat, the Snowdonia, were rescued by another trawler.
A lifeboat from Kilkeel assisted in the effort to help the men.
A spokesman from the RNLI said the Dublin coastguard helicopter had taken the men to Daisy Hill Hospital. They were later discharged.
Belfast Coastguard said it received a call from the fishing vessel, Tribute, to inform them they had recovered two fishermen from the water.
The crew of Kilkeel Inshore Lifeboat provided first aid until the rescue helicopter arrived.
Gary Young, Watch Manager Belfast Coastguard, said: "This incident has again proved the importance of wearing a life jacket and having it maintained to a high standard.
"I would like to pass on my thanks to the professionalism of the lifeboat and helicopter crews."

Posted Image

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 Portland

Portland

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

And what about a thank you to the crew of the Tribute ! .
Rob J.

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Dramatic footage has emerged of the moment that two fishermen were rescued from a trawler in the middle of the Irish Sea - just minutes before their boat sank.
The men were airlifted to hospital and have now been discharged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-20137438

#4 Portland

Portland

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Yes , I think I'd be buying the crew of the rescueing trawler a drink or 2 , whatever they want.
Obviously the services played their part , and well , but if it hadn't been for the rescuing trawler things may have been very different.
Thank you to everyone I say , especially the trawler crew.
Rob J.

#5 snowdonia

snowdonia

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Sad to see Snowdonia sinking worked on her when she fished out of Port Penrhyn in North Wales,glad to see the crew rescued

#6 the fisherman

the fisherman

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

a thank you to the crew would have been nice, but we were well thanked from the two boys we pulled from the water, rescue will be on bbc programme "real rescues" sometime next year,

Reply to this topic