#1 SAUSAGE LIFT

SAUSAGE LIFT

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnorth shields

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

i there im wanting to buy my 1st trawler have found a boat a like which in currently  in a P.O
but boat was in non sector before current owners bout it .if i wanted to go back in the non sector with the boat
do you just get back in it or do you need to put quota into the system to join.
i have no clue about over 10s any help on this would be much a appreciated

thanks

#2 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

if there was fqa`s attatched to the licence in the years from now back to 2008 (i think) then you need the same fqa`s to get into the non sector-if there was no track record attached in those years then you are ok-you can get into non sector without any hassle.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#3 SAUSAGE LIFT

SAUSAGE LIFT

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnorth shields

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

so if there was fqa's attatched to the licence would the mmo know what i would need to attach back to the licence?
so realy im hoping there was no track record attached.
if there was would i need to buy qouta or maybe try get into a P.O that i could rent what i catch ! (aswell something i know nothing about)
thanks for your reply
O0

#4 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

better going into a po as buying quota is shockingly dear-and in my mind a pretty shaky investment in regards to renting.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#5 robert buchan

robert buchan

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Good Evening in reply to your query as was said it depends on the amount of FQA Units thats attached to the vessels licence during the reference period that was set by the Fisheries Divisions.So if the vessel was a Non Sector user before and then joined a PO its not a certain thing that the new owner will get back into it as you would have to write to your local Fisheries Division and request that if you were to proceed and purchase the vessel along with the existing licence can you get accepted in as a Non Sector Member and they will check the FQA Unit details and you will also have to notify them what areas you intend to work as with some areas not having much Quota then they might not accept you.i hope i have been able to enlighten you a little.

Regards Robert

#6 SAUSAGE LIFT

SAUSAGE LIFT

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationnorth shields

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

thank you for your reply O0

Reply to this topic