#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

from the BBC news site

A scheme has been unveiled which offers more than £7m for projects which can "make a difference" to fishing communities across Scotland.
It is available for tourism, food and drink, renewable energy, training and environmental protection initiatives.
A total of 13 council areas across the country are taking part.
Rural Affairs Secretary Richard Lochhead said he hoped it would help "fragile fishing communities" become "more resilient".
Part of the funding is available via the European Fisheries Fund with the councils involved required to co-finance the support.
Eligible councils were invited to create Fisheries Local Action Groups (Flags) to consider applications and decide how the funding would be allocated locally.
It is expected that all Flags will be in operation by the spring.
There will be 12 in total covering Aberdeenshire, Angus, Dumfries and Galloway, East Lothian, Fife, Highland, Moray, Orkney, Shetland, Scottish Borders, Western Isles, as well as one joint Flag for Argyll and Bute and South Ayrshire.
A further slice of the funding will be managed centrally as a "co-operation budget" to encourage each area to share its ideas.

Funding available to each Fisheries Local Action Group (Flag)
Council area Total funds
Aberdeenshire
£2,155,382
Angus
£171,227
Argyll and Bute
£341,888
Dumfries and Galloway
£1,159,153
East Lothian
£171,227
Fife
£171,227
Highland
£549,392
Moray
£370,472
Orkney Islands
£132,407
Scottish Borders
£723,303
Shetland Isles
£290,506
South Ayrshire
£266,699
Western Isles
£310,268

I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

£266k for south ayrshire,probably end up with a drop in scheme for junkies or a gay and lesbian friendship centre maybe even a new mosque ? ,who knows  but one thing is for sure, if s/a council  get their hands on it it will be squandered as per usual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy2:

#3 Mouton Noir

Mouton Noir

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Wouldna be 'fragile' if the government had tellt the EU to feck off......when we joined we had 70% of the fisheries resource now we don't even land 9%. What would 'make a difference' is if we got our fisheries back.....Lochhead is a dumb c*nt

#4 Mouton Noir

Mouton Noir

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sorry to rant on but in the East Neuk o' Fife we had...boats, engineers, blacksmiths, painters, slips, boatbuilders, all the money Westword (and me) spent on drink and grub. Joiners fixed stuff, painters.plasteres fixed our houses.......Yip all that generated by us at the fishing......We didna need fuckin hand oot money!!....£171,227 a fucking insult ....coupla trips to a pair team. I am disgusted wi that c*nt. Comes back fae Brussels sayin' how good a deal the fishers got then this shite. I feckin' hate them politicians and that feckin' EU. Trough hugging bastards. That's me done......I am awa' for a lie doon noo :-)

#5 rudder

rudder

Deckie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

mind and make it a dark room, with mebey a few whale noises for soothing you.
notice the PROJECTS are to help the fishing communitys theyve decimated.
not heres 5 million go and get yourselves some new boats.
i can just see a fisherman going into the office asking for £100.000. to build a new passenger launch seeing as his fishing carreer is fecked.
no prizes for guessing what hed be told.

#6 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

£266k for south ayrshire that"ll get  GW the hillfoot chippy ,the pik "n" mix at morrisons and the rangers first team :laugh:

Reply to this topic