this new site design is a load of shite!!!

shite!!!

59 replies to this topic

#31 cookie1

cookie1

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationKirkwall Orkney

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Is there a helpline for members who are missing the gallery ? I'm getting withdrawl symptoms ! :-X

#32 Aland

Aland

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationwexford

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

Quite  Right  Will,  The  Enjoyment   We  Get  Out  Of  The  New  Site  Will  Be  Well  Worth  Waiting  For.

#33 mack rill

mack rill

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

im suffering from severe gallery withdrawn symptoms, i.e started looking at pictures of weemin when the wifes no looking!!but ma symptoms are no that bad that ive got to look at trawlerphotos har har ill jist be patient, all the best the technical boys doing the upgrade.

#34 sorcha

sorcha

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Keep up the good work boys ..... This is a great site -good laugh and informative !!! We all (the vast majority anyway) appreciate your effort in setting up and upgrading the site. A good Christmas to all members!

#35 rudder

rudder

Deckie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

dear santa,all i want for christmas is TRAWLER PICTURES. up and running better than before.
to the guys getting it all together thank you, and have a good christmas when it comes.
same to all the other members  merry christmas and a happy new year.

#36 carolmac

carolmac

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFraserburgh

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

A very Merry Christmas to All Trawler Picture Members & Wishing you all a Prosperous 2012.

#37 mackem1946

mackem1946

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

A Great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all from the land of OZ  it's going to be at least 36 degrees here on Christmas Day.So I'm getting ready to sink a FEW tinnies.  (30 degrees today , just ramping up to Sunday)  O0 O0 :crazy2: Me on Sunday morning  :crazy2:  If this man :police:  hasn't got me in the cells.Can't be an :angel:  all year
I'm happy in my own little world, everyone knows me here.

#38 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

merry xmas everyone,from west donegal and well done lads with the new site O0
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#39 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

dont seem to have an option to access my pm"s, dont see where you can upload a photo and the gallery pics seem to scroll up by themselves ?  , is there still a few gremlins yet with the new software ?

#40 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

there is an envelope top right of the screen for pms, the big button that says upload on the gallery is to upload photos and yes there are still a few gremlins
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#41 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

cheers barry , getting there , O0 might get jj to drop in for a crash course !!!!!!!!!!

#42 Will taylor

Will taylor

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationFife

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Yee Ha-a-a-a--a-a-a-a. Up and running.  Well done to the administrators for completing this mammoth task.  A terrific Christmas and fantastic New Year to all members and the administrators.
Best Wishes
Will
Where there's a will there's a way.

#43 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

there'll be a few niggles to iron out, but hopefully that had work is voer and done with now - been a nightmare - pretty much everything that can go wrong has!

there is tons of new toys in the gallery to be discovered, I'm sure there'll be fun and games with some of them I reckon, there's a chatroom too but we've not turned that on just yet

all the best folks - have a good 'un

#44 Hugh Paterson

Hugh Paterson

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationWeegie

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

Grinning again boys, but find it a bit jumpy although it might be this laptop its getting on a bit like its user?
shugster

#45 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'm gradually warming to these wee thumbnail pics and all the fancy bells and whistles on here now...even us auld farts have tae come oot oor caves at some point and meet the 21st.century! I've no quite cracked the case yet though,still learning,but so far so good lol A big vote of thanks to the backroom boys for all the hard work they have put into the site,and I don't mean just recently,that's been right from day one.It's much appreciated fellas.All the best to everybody on here,have a great Christmas and a very happy New Year whatever part of the country you're in.

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#46 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

maybe a bit of jumpiness just yet.  few wee glitches here and there so we have just set the thing away to rebuild all the images - 40,000 of them, and its got thumbnails, several different sized versions etc to create for every image, so will keep it busy for a little bit yet

#47 Mouton Noir

Mouton Noir

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

I just canna get the gallery to work at all......seems it won't load somehow. Same on all my machines. Will just have to come back at a much later date. Good luck though and hope it all comes good. Cheers TD

#48 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

cant quite understand as there has been members commenting on the gallery as well as uploading, you have to remeber we have moved onto a completely new software and at the same time try and rearrange 40,000 photos, 80,000 comments and 16,000 posts in the forum, as well as doing the jobs we all work at
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#49 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

still cant log on through aol  showing apache server test page, can get on through google chrome ?

#50 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

whares the bity fir uploadin pics, ??  av a few belters fir the new year ha
KILL EM ALL, LET GOD SORT EM OOT.

#51 Mouton Noir

Mouton Noir

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Barry, wasn't having a go......it must be some job sorting this lot out. I just canna get the Gallery to work. It canna be a hardware issue as I tried on 3 PC's and my IPad.......the issue is .......the slowness, site freezing, and some thumbnails don't load........I wish I could offer some constructive help but I am as much use as 'pockets on a cat' when it comes to IT.....Good Luck and I am sure it will come good. Cheers

#52 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

View Postwestword, on 26 December 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

whares the bity fir uploadin pics, ??  av a few belters fir the new year ha

#53 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

<p>on the left hand side davie click on the category you want to put it in, ie funny or maybe not so funny, then an upload button will appear follow the instructions  and job done, uploaded a pic y/day twice as quick as before, might huv tae nip up the masonic hill and get GW online !!!!

#54 westword

westword

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

aye got yi, ha think yi might have to ha
KILL EM ALL, LET GOD SORT EM OOT.

#55 rudder

rudder

Deckie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

its looking better without the christmas/red background.
now if you could just stop that dandruff drifting down the screen, youll get a wee pat on the back.
its getting there, keep up the good work.

#56 homeward bound

homeward bound

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

nice  to see yer back ,  new site and a new name !

#57 Mouton Noir

Mouton Noir

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

Seems to be back to normal today......hurray. Thanks for all the hard work, it's good to have the site and he old colours back!!! Cheers MN

#58 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

hopefully, most if not all of the wee gremlins have been nailed now..........

#59 freddy d

freddy d

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationAMBLE

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

• i think this guy bicuit hasent described himself in full he must be a cracker if he thinks this upgrade aload of sh te i would like 2 thank the administrators 4 diong such a great job and look 4ward 2spending many more hrs on ur site cheers freddy d

#60 Loch Torridon

Loch Torridon

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationCAMPBELTOWN

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Still not liking the new layout !!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this topic