6 replies to this topic

#1 8L3B

8L3B

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Neil of the Sharridale filmed us a time of passing him many moons ago in the Norweigian sector just east of the Brae oilfield.
We'd just had a haul for rap all....a common thing for us on a coorse day!...and were shifting north a bit to deepen the water and try another haul.
Come across this on Youtube one night. Never knew it existed. It was posted by my cousin Beverly, her brother Gordon lost his life when the Sharridale sunk a year or two later.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen"

#2 Bod

Bod

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Bill,
I remember at trip I done wae ye, the Barra Supplier picked up or dhan, very poor evening but we went along sidean got it back! Skudenhaven at trip for a day or two! 22 year ago £5 a pint then...............good crack tho! June Rose beltero a boat even though it was just the one trip. Cheers  :cheers:

#3 8L3B

8L3B

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Aye cheers for that Bod....fits yer real name ? canna mind a Bod sailin with us...
I do mind getting the Dhan back fae the Barra Supplier :knuppel2:

Aye Skuddy used to be fine,its a bonny wee place. Went across there a couple of summers ago with the wife and it was afa picturesque in the sun with colourfull floor pots and hanging baskets on every corner.

Latterly we started going to Egersund as there was mair pubs there! You could also get a train to Stavanger every hour or so and get one back to the boat at 3am when the pubs closed up there!
The beer is mair than £5 a pint nowadays but minesweeping is still the same price O0

#4 Bod

Bod

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Mike Lamb fae Montrose Bill!  :cheers:

#5 8L3B

8L3B

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Fit like Lamby, long time no see, think the last time I spoke to you it was in Tesco's Montrose.
Think ye were on the Standby boats then, are ye still at that jobbie?

#6 Bod

Bod

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Am fine Mannie! I've never been stand by...........Efter the trip wae yersel I went offshore and at has been me for the last 22 year or there about! Since summer 2005 been working in Caspian Sea, aye offshore 28:28 rotation. I'm through in AH quite a bit, usually go to Commercial as my brother drinks err. Maybe catch ye for a beer sometime...................... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: or 3.... ;D

#7 8L3B

8L3B

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Maybe ye said ye were a month on and a month aff and I just assumed ye were at the Standby....
Aye will hae te catch ye sometime, get aw the Caspian crack.

Reply to this topic