Trawler Wars, Sunday 26th September at 9pm in the UK.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

The Discovery Channel’s brand new show Sunday 26th September at 9pm in the UK.

Trawler Wars is a documentary filmed in the waters of two of Britain’s biggest fishing fleets, Brixham and Newlyn. Both fleets are locked in battle in a fight to land the biggest catch. The six part series follows the trawlers of Brixham and Newlyn over their most treacherous months, the Atlantic winter. The end of the series reveals the port which has brought in the biggest catch, as well as the human cost of bringing home the prize.
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#2 jack503

jack503

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

Everyone check out the website!

www.trawlerwars.com

#3 Mrs R

Mrs R

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBallantrae

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

Biggest load o S**t* ever makes you look like a bunch of "OH My god this is so hard ....lets play it for the cameras"

SKY+ cancelled after 1 viewing....grrrrrrrr

#4 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Not as bad as deadliest North sea or trawler rigs and rescues , i will still watch it because the rest of the tv is crap at that time on a sunday mind you Yosser and the rest of the boys from the black stuff was on at same time on another channel ,, got them recorded pure class in a glass
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#5 3762dazzer

3762dazzer

Mate

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast Cornwall

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

All the 'it's dangerous' and 'she could capsize at any minute' nonsense is the usual fare for these programmes. I think the blokes portray fisherman in a reasonably good light. Scott Johnson is a scream, him and Don his old man have me pi$$ing myself ;D

#6 carolmac

carolmac

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFraserburgh

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Regardless of some negative feedback its quite good!! then again its a change from Emmerdale and Corrie!! LOL

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

regardless of the "playing it for the cameras" aspect of the series, its still about the industry and the punters will have lapped it up. all i will say about it is, if its that difficult just to empty the bag in anything stronger than a force three then why haven't they come up with something to make it a bit easier to stop everything swinging about ? or did they just do that for the cameras ? if not then they are naw too bright, plus i didn't see one good haul on any boat, on any episode, considering that 90% of what came aboard went straight back over the side, you wouldn't pay the stores, nevermind have £30,000 for an eight day trip, especially when on the most recent episode a crewman on the billy rowney or the angel amiel quoted their weekly running costs as being ten grand !!! but, they must have grossed the figures quoted, you wouldn't fake that. whatever anyone thinks its still a harder job than stacking shelves in tesco or trying to convince the punters in aikea that the can't live without even more candles and meatball sauce.
good luck to them i say, i've no right to be critical of anyone at the job
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

Reply to this topic