7 replies to this topic

#1 capt nodge

capt nodge

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

a up all, just like to say ello, from c nodge in rye east sussex, have been converting 1948 ex shrimper to home for quite a while now. am seeking engine n gearbox around the 300hp range c/w 4.1gearbox so any ideas anyone gratefuully recieved, just like most folk funds are low so anything considered as long as runs. all the best everyone and good website by the way O0

#2 Guest_Admin 3_*

Guest_Admin 3_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

Welcome Capt Nodge - hope you enjoy the site and that you get some leads for the engine  O0

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

welcome aboard.  300 horses?  big motor for a conversion!  did know where there were a couple of gardners, but no where near 300hp

#4 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

Welcome to the site, hope someone can help you out
Cheers
Barry
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#5 capt nodge

capt nodge

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

Cheers guys, opefully something turn up soonish, originally had a 180 gardner in her then was converted for bigger prop ect and ended up with a 300 cummins, then was de registered engine removed and sold off, needed lots of work and as usual with old steel tubs will allways need it, will try and post a piccy soon as i get it together,  :)

#6 Mark Bailey

Mark Bailey

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

hi everyone my name is Mark Anthony Bailey and i live in Leeds West Yorkshire UK and i'm going on a 15 days introduction to fishing course at Whitby & Distict Fishing Industry Training School tommorrow Friday 13th April and i was just woundering if any one could help me out of where i could look to find jobs on the trawlers once i have passed the course please.

thank you all

yours gratefully Mark Anthony Bailey

#7 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Welcome to the site Mark, quite  afew of the members on here are from around yourself, sure some will be able to help you out
all the best
Barry
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#8 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

welcome ot the site mark and good luck on your course at whitby good to see some young men coming into the industry

Reply to this topic