#2 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

"PRICES AT PUMP HAVE BEEN HALVED SINCE JULY"- certainly not halved on this side of the jordan-down 1/3rd-still getting screwed.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#3 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

ASDA on this side of the Border have unleaded @ 90.9 per litre - according to the press that is the cheapest price since April 2007?

Still the biggest rip off in history and someone has been making a LOT of money out of the fuel price climb - No1 being UK PLC  ;D

#4 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

prices peaked here a E1.46/litre when the crude peaked at around $146/barrel the crude today was $50 /barrel and it`s still E1.06 at the pumps in my thinking it should be 50cent a litre given the crude to pump price at it`s peak. the oil companies reckon it takes about a month for the price reflection on the drop of the price of a barrel of crude-yet here if the crude went up in the morning it was reflected that evening? only thing is i think the oil companies have them selves shot in the foot this time- the way they artificially inflated the oil prices has wised up the world not to be so reliant on it.
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#5 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

yes frank it should be less than what it is the now two things i have heard is one the price of the dolar to sterling on our side is different so the price is not down (bollocks)
and two the ppl that bought it at 100 odd dollar are now losing money they are trying to offload what they can to get return

what i say to them is f**kin tough you lot that bought oil and pushed the price up are the ones that made part of this problem so if you lose money then i couldnt care

#6 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

prices peaked here a E1.46/litre when the crude peaked at around $146/barrel the crude today was $50 /barrel and it`s still E1.06 at the pumps in my thinking it should be 50cent a litre given the crude to pump price at it`s peak. the oil companies reckon it takes about a month for the price reflection on the drop of the price of a barrel of crude-yet here if the crude went up in the morning it was reflected that evening? only thing is i think the oil companies have them selves shot in the foot this time- the way they artificially inflated the oil prices has wised up the world not to be so reliant on it.

But here's the rub - the Oil Producers are threatening to cut production in view of the worldwide low price that a barrel is achieving - result of that will be fuel shortages and the increase yet again in price. Its a fact that OPEC have the World by the sort and curlies  ;D

#7 Jammy

Jammy

happy new year to all

• Administrators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDUNURE

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

yip too true steve bringing the world to a slow down in all sectors and industries

but still bp shell and co make there profit

#8 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

yip too true steve bringing the world to a slow down in all sectors and industries

but still bp shell and co make there profit

Hi James

Roll on the days when engines can run on water  ;D

#9 aitivated

aitivated

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Gordon Brown takes 69.9% of the price of petrol, it is costing under 30p to produce a litre, until the tax comes down we will always be dearer than other countries.

#10 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

But here's the rub - the Oil Producers are threatening to cut production in view of the worldwide low price that a barrel is achieving - result of that will be fuel shortages and the increase yet again in price. Its a fact that OPEC have the World by the sort and curlies  ;D

makes my piss boil that one.

a cartel, in any industry, in any western country is illegal, yet OPEC is just that, and yet every head of state tugs there forelock and doffs their cap to them

c**ts the lot of em

#11 DOGSBODY

DOGSBODY

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSUNDERLAND

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

THE REALLY SAD THING IS WE PUT THESE BAS***DS IN POWER, AND GET FU**ED EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Paul...shyboy...Johnson.

#12 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

The price of petrol here has halved at the pumps. We are down to under $2 a gallon. For some reason though, diesel is still over $1 dearer per gallon. I know that the marine suppliers around here charge between 25 and 30% more than the petrol stations for fuel for non commercial use, not sure what the fishermen pay. They are a funny lot about here more like yachty types than fishermen, no craic with them at all. Must be the paranoia from smuggling all them drugs...
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

Reply to this topic