Perhaps not a popular suggestion?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Steve Ellwood_*

Guest_Steve Ellwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi All

This may not be a popular suggestion, however I'll put my hard hat on and quickly come up above the parapet ....

What about a Category to cover 'Fishery Protection' vessels ?

Quickly ducks down beneath the parapet  ;D

#2 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

you could include fishery officers in it too, then i can post pics of two of my brothers, who both jumped the fence.
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#3 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

just have a category called 'Rogues Gallery'

fairly self explanatory, and could be quite amusing!

#4 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

can always go down pier qw and take photos off our fishery officers 2  ;D :D ;D
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#5 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

wouldn't know them if i tripped over them, not since days of james legge and john bruce or mosh, when my mother worked in the office, yes, as well as two brothers being FO, and they call me the black sheep of the family!!!!!!
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#6 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:23 AM

Was that not because you were the grass o the family heard, you were fond of lifting the phone like others from your same part of the world, oh oh la la.

#7 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

other way round, i remember hailing rover on VHF to tell him they were waiting to catch him landing cod at the shipyard quay but he wouldn't answer me, nearly shat his pants when they stepped oot from behind the wee welding shed and nabbed him, £500 please and him an elder of the church too!!!  even his uncle davie coona get him off wae that, Mr. rattery aye used to get a nice rasher of prawns anytime he boarded us but thats as far as it went, him being a good carradale boy, wouldn't say there was favouritism but anytime we were boarded it wid be himsel and davie allan so naw much measuring took place. its my brothers you should be asking for stories about some of the skippers they had to deal with, one in PD that threatened to kill davi if he stepped aboard, davi told him it was more than his job was worth to get into a fisticuffs while working but if the skipper wanted to come to the tae kwon do and karate class he taught then he'd be pleased to accomadate him, being 6th dan blackbelt in both.

as for lifting the phone? are you thinking about the time a carradale pair got caught in ardrishaig while the caller was landing onto a lorry in CN? the lorry passed the two FO when they were on their way home, is that the kind of thing your thinking about? law unto themselves that pair in their day, i was never a big enough fish to be marked on anyone's meter.

#8 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

wen i had wee yellow under 10 and eilidh j was reported few times in trumpten not mention any frog names thou and in furnace 4landing fish with eilidh j but i never had fish as wee didnt have a licence wont mention any creelers names lol

#9 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

at least you dinna sell the license and put the boat in the wife's name afor it blew up on ye!!!! think that went from "thats a great idea!!!" to "oh feck, what have i done?" in double quick time for the poor b ugger!!! naw funny, but i'm aff my face today so i'm naw giving a feck, i'm away to lie doon, i've seen everything on the movie channels, think i'll watch liverpool get gubbed again!!! young man utd boy played a blinder for spurs last night, been watching him on MUTV for years playing for youth team and reserves, i'm wasted.

#10 Sweltered

Sweltered

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

I have a few stories right enough, dealt with some excellent people, like George and Alec of the Ocean Hunter/Rambling Rose, or Norman and his father from the Forelock, or Jimmy Simpson, or Davie Addison, gentlemen all, or some of the Orkney lads,  or Jimmy & Willum on the Minerva, who were always good for some craic, as were the Mutch brothers Ian and Gary, and Colin West of course (sometimes Kenneth when he forgot to be  sourfaced). Too many to mention them all. I dealt with some ar$eholes, and dealt with some psychos too of course
"Hanging is the outlaw's path to glory and much too good for the likes of you."

#11 Fishermans Friend

Fishermans Friend

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

Aye, these fishery officers.................what can you say about them  :'(!!

There are still some right characters on the go.  It must be due to where I come from, never had any bother from anyone.

Reply to this topic