Sure its a grand oul team ti play for

#2 Barry McCrindle

Barry McCrindle

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAyrshire

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

why not get one of these plastic 1m3 bins they use for the ice, or the bigger trawlers use for their catch, fit a wee 12V jabsco pump to one of your sea inlets and have a over flow pipe leading over the side of the boat
I always see both sides of the argument, the one that's wrong and mine.....

#3 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

take up 2 much room would rather 1about 8ft long 2ft wide an4deep so i can put it on 1side use sprinkler
Mr Richard JohnstonEEEEEEEEE Jnr

#4 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortree Nut hoose

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Are you willing to buy one Rikki there is a boy up here makes them
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#5 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

got the number of a guy that makes up ally/stainless tanks, he's putting a quote together for new fuel tanks for us at the minute

cheapo alternative... old chest freezer maybe???

marine ply and a gallon or 2 of resin??  made a livebait tank up on the last boat that way (only smaller)

#6 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

just depends on how much boys an wat size

#7 markh

markh

Skipper

• Administrators
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

what about plastic tanks - big water tanks - http://www.gwsupplie... water tank.htm

right sort of size

#8 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

cheers mark looks braw just thing im after have a proper look later away 2 lift

#9 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Have you tried Challenger or Chieftain tanks excellent bits of kit just google them to get the site involved forgot about balmoral they make plastic ones are based in Aberdeen good holding capacity
Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but it doesn't. It revolves around the Sun which shines out of my arse.

#10 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

cheers buddy ill try that wee while an see the 1 mark gave me looks the 1 4 the job compare prices cheers

#11 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

Chieftan tanks withstand any weather not so good especially in hot dry conditions, so give sandy gruns a body swerve.
They say the ex soviet T34 is quite good in muddy conditions so that might be the one to try.
Mind you they don't come cheap but strong firm like yersels no problemo's

#12 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Warriors are anither guid make  as weel Rikki a bittie sma'er than the T-34 that used to be available in Ullapool used to cost a pair o worn levis aff the Ruskies

#13 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Gie George W a wee tinkle or txt, Obama is pulling oot or so he says, be bit of surplus there I wood imagine going cheap.
Be some sight you coming up the road in the Hummvee instead of the 4x4 towing the tank

#14 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

Aye , am sure you could get the Abrams M1 cheap like John says Rikki

#15 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

Try here  [url=http://www.tankmuseum.org/]www.verycheapprawnkeeptanks.id.iot.lol

#16 johntar tt10

johntar tt10

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Locationtarbert

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

10 oota 10 wheedie lol

#17 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

And you try here Mr.Beedie...www.nothatfukkindaft.inoban.lol      !!!!

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#18 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

Ayye but they are all re cons Ronnie cheaper than brand new

#19 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:59 PM

Plenty auld cons and re-cons in Oban Willie....how's darkest teuchterville the nicht min ?

Some learn by reading,some ask questions,others observe...but there's always one who has to pee on an electric fence for himself.

#20 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

Cold and foggy ,was lichtenin squeebs the nicht and hid maist of the bairns fae aroon watchin £150 gan up in smoke ,near shit masel fan een o the things went on its side and fired aff three bitties at different hoosies the fla that started ess topic is afa quiet the nicht think he micht o fell oot wi someone aboot his name lol

#21 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

It's a toss up what's the greater number....Ricki's name changes or his trawlerphotos accounts...a gey close run thing I would say !!

#22 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Well he i hid a lot o usernames  micht as weel start here ana

#23 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

An there's me thinking that racing up the dirt track wis something tae dae wi' speedway riders...jist shows ye hoo little I ken lol

#24 wbeedie

wbeedie

Mate

• Moderators
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

Its the crew I feel sorry fur it will only be the Ditr trackin fur iv noo fur him

#25 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:29 AM

:D :D :D :D im only up pmsl good start to the day a a need noo is a basket 2 the hour lol and i got banned yest skanti lol :D ;D ;D ;D

#26 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

Never heard ye complain before aboot skantis getting dropped  !!!!

#27 Adoration II

Adoration II

mooooooo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationtoon

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

think the 1 that banned me prob filled his skantis 2 lol

#28 restlesswave

restlesswave

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationthe rosses,co.donegal

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

for a top class tank try the ex wermacht panther-but as theres only five in the world it might be a wee bit dear to keep prawns in-unless you get it written of against tax- b****y handy about the deck if any body trys to tow across you showin you a green light lol!
bend it,and if you can`t bend it,break it.

#29 quiet waters

quiet waters

Deckie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationbetween the hills and the high water mark.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

you'll need to explain the green light reference for any carradale members, from what i remember theres a few always had trouble understanding things when it came to the rules of the road, apparently the copy i had was out of date and didn't have the adjustment which gave twin riggers the right of way over everything, then again my copy gave me right of way over sail, especially in the loch on a tuesday night when the local sailing club were having their weekly races. i found a site which might be able to help a tit like Mr. J, its called "tanks for the mammaries"
And their teeth will be blunted like lions and they will be cast away on whirlwinds and such!!!!

#30 young ronnie

young ronnie

Deckie

• Moderators
  • 0 posts
  • Locationoban

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

I seem to recall towing in Rothesay bay a puckle of years back and a meeting a certain Carradale chap with the same problem QW My port side was just about under his stem before he finally decided to alter.Wisnae bothering me wi' an auld bashed up steel boat,if he wanted tae dunt his bonny painted stem then carry on ma lad !!  I'm no normally like that but the big boat /wee boat bullying jist wisnae on that morning...I was either awfae brave or awfae stupid...probably the latter lol

Reply to this topic